generating box and whisker plots

Home Forums PATN and Pattern Analysis PATN Discussion generating box and whisker plots

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    brownt

Hi,

I am trying to generate box and whisker plots for my non – hierarchical groups and I keep getting an error message “box & whisker statistics failed”. This seems to happen at random with some datasets working ok and some resulting in the error message. Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers,

Tiff.

brownt

hello again,

I have since discovered that there are too many objects – number overflow on group sum (according to the history file). What does this mean? I have four variables and 1039494 objects classified to 14 groups.

I realise that this is a large number of objects but is there no way to generate the box and whiskers for the 14 groups?

Thanks.

lee
    Keymaster

Hi Tiff

I’ve just returned from some surgery in hospital (and slowly recovering) so sorry for the delay in responding to your post.

I ran 1.04 million objects * 4 variables through the non-hierarchical routine into 14 groups ok with random data and reproduced your error in the box and whisker plots. We had improved the precision in some areas in 3.04 but this one has slipped by. So, we will need to work on it!

In the meanwhile (sorry), export the data table (it has the data and the group identifiers) to any stats pack (eg Statistica).

Lee

brownt

Thanks Lee, good to know that the problem is not just at my end. Best wishes for the recovery!

Tiff.

lee
    Keymaster

Hi Tif

There is an error in the size of the accumulators for box and whiskers of large datasets. This has been fixed in version 3.04.

Lee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.