Printing Box and Whisker Diagrams

Home Forums PATN and Pattern Analysis PATN Discussion Printing Box and Whisker Diagrams

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew K

Is it possible to print them straight from PATN (v3.02) and get more than the 1st bit of the page? I realise you can save it as an image and print it from another application, but that involves some messing around, especially if you have quite a few groups !

Cheers

lee
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew

Does the page look correct when you do a Print Preview on the box and whisker plots (right mouse click in b&w plot window)? It should be WYSIWYG. I’ve printed many b&w plots on a range of laser and inkjet printers and have had no problems.

How many groups and variables do you have, and what printer are you using? Numbers shouldn’t matter but knowing this and the printer, I may be able to try and reproduce the situation.

Lee

Andrew K

Hi Lee,

I’ve got 100 groups and 4 variables, printing on an EPSON Stylus Colour 1160 (an inkjet). The page doesn’t look correct in print preview – only the 1st 10 groups come up, and only 3 of the variables (ie 4th page is blank). So it is WYSIWYG.

Thanks for the quick response!
    Andrew

PS. nice work with the importing speed in 3.02!! That same import that took 35 hrs only took a few minutes…..amazing !!

lee
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew

I’ve reproduced your error. Seems it relates to the number of groups exceeding one print page. 100 groups was larger than we ever tested so we didn’t pick the problem up.

We have now fixed this for PATN v3.03.

Leon had also picked up another error that alluded us on smaller test datasets. Transformations and standardizations were taking longer than they should.

We have also fixed this in PATN v3.03.

I also noted when diagnosing your problem that the smooth scrolling of the Data Table was not.

We have also fixed this in PATN v3.03.

We are now therefore running a fuller test protocol over PATN v3.03 to see if there is anything else that slipped through. This could take up to a week. I’ll announce it in the Forum when it is ready. We may take the opportunity to add another function or two planned for v3.03.

I apologise for these problems, but at least you can’t say we are tardy in trying to identify and fix them!

Lee

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.