- This topic is empty.
- November 27, 2005 at 7:10 am #416rainmanMember
Futher to my discussions with various PATN users (there appears to be quite a dedicated following) I thought it might be nice to put together a wish list for future versions of PATN.
I’ll start things off with my three wishes, all to do with more user-friendly flexibility in the ordination view, which is my current flavour of the month:
1. My first wish is to have additional options in the right click menu that allow for different labelling of points. For example, when plotting a two-factor design it might be nice to be able to easily label by site, or season with different colours/symbols. This would probably involve having additional columns containing row (group) headings in the datasheet (i.e. similar to SPSS etc…). This may just be laziness on my part, but I don’t want to go to another program, such as SigmaPlot to do this (sorry Lee 😉 )
I understand this can already be done using the groups function, but I haven’t worked out how the *.csv import file should be laid out in order to assign the rows to A-priori groups; nor have I worked out how to manually assign rows to A-priori groups (and then change their colours etc…) in PATN once the data is imported (despite trying several times and reading the help files). Perhaps someone can elaborate on the help files for me.
2. Secondly, it would be nice to be able to display 3d plots in two 2d plots simultaneously (i.e. to be able to view plots of axes 1 and 2, and 2 and 3) one above the other.
3. Lastly, (and I’ll leave this open-ended because views will differ markedly) would other users be interested in being able to ‘arbitrarily’ circle points belonging to the a-priori or patn groups (as is often done for publication)?
Oh, and PCR.
– Building a better PATN through laziness 😈
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.