Some initial comments on formats and a PCC question

Home Forums PATN and Pattern Analysis PATN Discussion Some initial comments on formats and a PCC question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Lee,

Just got my new version and have started playing. Much easier data entry, graphics etc. Is it possible to edit the imported data or at least change the default number of decimal points in the labels? I had sites identified numerically as 1, 2, 3 etc but on importing they became 1.00000, 2.00000 etc. Makes for impossible labels in resulting dends and ordination.

After looking at some of the other postings, whats the process for getting updates?

re PCC – one analysis I used a lot in the dos PATN was the option of relating an env dataset (eg altitude, nutrients, etc) to a bug derived ordination. I can’t see how to do that with the new version, the only PCC output being that for the bugs. How do I tell it to look at a different file? Am I missing something?

Thanks, Leon

lee
    Keymaster

Hi Leon

I apologise for not responding earlier – I’ve been camping in Denmark and Sweden for the past three weeks (no electricity – let alone Internet).

I was already aware of the row labels issue and that is now addressed in the soon to be released 3.02.

Re updates – as you have seen, we have run into some problems with what we thought was an automatic procedure via our eSellerate gateway. Bugger. We have been working on a solution for a few weeks. I’ll announce some type of solution tomorrow.

Re your PCC quesiton, easy! PATN v3 and later has the concept of extrinsics built in to the Data Table. Just read THE WHOLE dataset in, select the environmental columns (extrinsics) and press the 5th button on the toolbar to move them to the right hand side of the red line, run the analysis with ‘all evaluations’ selected in the analysis dialog box and … and you have it! No more multiple datasets!

Lee

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.